WHAT IS TAKBIS?
TAKBIS IS AN INTEGRATED INFORMATION SYSTEM;
· standardizing operations relating to land registry and cadastre technique of General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre and enabling transactions carried out in Land Registry and Cadastre Directorates (including chiefdoms), in accordance with the legislation and in computer environment;
· minimizing or eliminating the employee's risk associated with the transaction he/she carries out through control and warning mechanisms included in application software developed;
· providing the related employee with the latest legislation support for the transaction he/she carries out on the computer screen, providing Computer Aided Education through descriptive information relating to the transaction on the screen,
· forming an integrated structure with the flow of data generated to the system to be established in the Directorate General and enabling citizens, provided that legislation is amended, to perform operations similar to selling from any part of Türkiye;
· providing opportunity for the top management to monitor staff performance of directors and employees of the directorate,
· developing a sense of trust between the citizen and the government which has been damaged over time by eliminating employee initiative, ensuring compliance of procedures with regulations and providing the citizen with accurate results in the shortest possible time,
· generating Decision Support functions reports for Regional Directorates and central offices of the Directorate General using data compiled in the centre,
· producing instant statistical results for a public organization in strategic issues related to real estate,
· centrally monitoring information related to foreign-owned property and the areas of concentrated property movement by foreigners, which is necessary in terms of national security,
· forming accurate and current information base for Agricultural Information System and the Farmer Registration System based on Direct Income Support,
· enabling effective control of the state in the fight against corruption by carrying out financial crime investigations and interrogations of assets from a single centre and concluding inquiries in financial crimes as soon as possible,
· and performing all these operations with the logic of Geographic Information System/Land Information System.
Carrying out all activities across Türkiye via the computer system by transferring all the Land Registry and Cadastre records to computer environment and thus ensuring effective monitoring and control of both private and public real property.
It is one of the most basic e-government projects aiming at transferring all kinds of property information to the computer across the country and ensuring query.
Through Land Registry and Cadastre Information System it will be possible to offer reliable, updated, and fast service to the citizens in 650 types of transactions and work steps in accordance with the regulations in land registry and cadastre units.
Land registry and cadastre automation projects developed in-house within the scope of automation works initiated in line with the widespread use of computers in the early 1990s contributed to computer literacy and data collection, although they fell behind equivalent software and technology in time.
Following up these works, performing error analyses of existing data, Directorate General designed TAKBIS (Land Registry and Cadastre Information System) in 2000 to start the necessary corrective actions, to perform operations with more advanced technology and professional software, to share generated data with other relevant agencies and organizations.
TAKBIS is modeled as a three-phase project.
1st Phase: With the contract signed with Havelsan A.S. on December 26, 2000 the existing mechanism was analysed and system was designed in this direction. Software was encoded according to the designs and application trials were conducted on a system model in the central units, 1st Regional Directorate, 6 land registry directorates, 1 directorate of cadastre and 1 cadastral office. The final acceptance of the project was made in 2005.
2nd Phase: After the success and experience of the pilot phase, followed by final acceptance of the pilot phase, TAKBIS was started to disseminate with the 3-year agreement signed with Havelsan on September 12, 2005. During this process, 224 directorates out of 957 land registry directorates, 29 directorates out of 325 cadastral directorates and 3 affiliated offices already in service in Türkiye started working within the scope of TAKBIS.
In the same period, with the aim of making saving, data entry and commissioning activities of 175 directorates have been carried out by employees,
3rd Phase: Completing the process of dissemination by commissioning the remaining part of land registry offices within the scope of the system with the contract signed with TURKSAT on June 30 2010, providing the necessary support for the maintenance of existing software, establishment of a new system centre, providing data redundancy service in line with Action Plans prepared by the SPO.
The total duration of this phase is defined as 3 years.
AIMS OF TAKBIS PROJECT
Aims of TAKBIS Project are;
· providing valid and reliable land information necessary for land and all kinds of activities and decision-makers, reflecting the current situation; updating land records and maps; transferring all the data to the computer environment; keeping data up to date and re-evaluating them within the scope of information systems technology and making them available,
· converting land registration and cadastre studies and data into a multi-purpose land data system (TAKBIS) and keeping these data in a secure environment and to ensure safe access,
· sound, fast, reliable, and efficient planning, management and operation of TKGM services,
· generating data provided to other organizations and institutions in such a way not to cause any double counting, and ensuring widespread utilization of up to date, reliable proprietary data,
· reviewing operation structures of Land Registry and Cadastre Offices, analysing jobs and ensuring standardization in practice, data entry and integration followed by performance of related to any kind of work related to land registry and cadastre in computer environment, developing applications that staff at all levels can easily use.
OBJECTIVES OF TAKBIS PROJECT
The main objective of the project: to create ownership and cadastral information in land registry based on spatial map data. Today, when there are great expectations in performance of such services, accurate, reliable, easy and quickly accessible land registry and cadastre information (proprietary information) is needed. This is why TAKBIS Project is important in the development of the country.
TAKBIS project aimed at creating Land Registry and Cadastre Information System (TAKBİS) across the country. In this context, the land registry and cadastre services will be analysed throughout the country within the logic of Geographic Information System (GIS) and Land Information System (LIS) to determine the problems, and to find solutions. The land registry and cadastre services will be carried out in this way in a standard and electronic way and local governments and public institutions and organizations will be offered reliable and up to date information in the logic of land information system.
BENEFITS OF TAKBIS PROJECT
- the problems caused by becoming worn out of register or similar material will be elimined,
- Standardization will be achieved in the applications carried out in accordance with the demands of the citizens,
- Processing errors and deficiencies caused by the missing documents or information are eliminated
- Smart applications prevent errors of employees thus employees are also prevented from damage,
- Document forgery will be avoided,
- Possible registry errors from the past will be determined and completely eliminated ,
- Possible loss of the rights of citizens will be completely eliminated,
- In this way, the firm confidence in land records will be consolidated,
- Public or citizen receivables will be collected reliably and quickly (SSI, execution, health department, etc.),
- Time spent preparing the courts or research investigations will be reduced, thus contributing to alleviate the burden of the Ministry of Justice,
- Bureaucratic difficulties faced by institutions or citizens will be eliminated,
- Corresponding expenses will be minimized by the application of e-signature,
- Unfair profits will be avoided in Green card or similar practices, by correct identification of the right holder and delivery of service on purpose,
- Tax losses will be prevented,
- Accurate, reliable, standard information will be accessible.
WORK CONDUCTED TO DATE
Four main software has been developed under the project. These are
· Land Registry Application Software
· Cadastre Application Software
· Project Tracking Software
· Resource Management (Office Automation) Software
The software will operate according to roles to be determined by system administrators and functions complying with these roles in accordance with the hierarchical structure of the organization and the duties and responsibilities of the units in this structure.
INNOVATIONS OF TAKBIS AND OPPORTUNITIES IT WILL PROVIDE FOR THE OTHER INSTITUTIONS
The main problem to be resolved with the TAKBIS project is automation of TKGM operations and carrying out difficult and complex land registry and cadastre transactions which high-risk in financial and legal terms with smart functions in the digital environment and offering standard data to the institutions and organizations in need of accurate, current and reliable information related to properties. Through dissemination of TAKBİS throughout the country;
· It will bring the understanding of quality management to the offering of Land Registry and Cadastre Service and offering standards and the duration of these services, and the staff to be responsible will be clearly defined.
· With the implementation of the TAKBIS project, first of all activities within the organization will be ensured to be standardized with the application software to be developed. Thus, region, directorate, or employee-based applications and software differences will be eliminated and applications based on habits will be brought into compliance with the legislation,
· It will be now possible for the immovable property in locations where Land Registry and Cadastre work has been done, which is left outside cadastral survey, which is under possession and disposal of the state, that have gained economic value in the state of development areas and cities, which is in the form of land, raw land, scrub, rocky and the like, which is later required to be registered within the scope of the development plans and for the purposes of the plan to be prevented from invasion and irregular urbanization and to be given to the country's economy.
The country which is in the Earthquake Belt is in need of land registry and cadastre information system. The earthquake we lived in 1999 has been the most important indicator of the need for Land Registry and Cadastre Information System. The Land Registry and Cadastre Information System will play an important role in a variety of activities such as identification of victims of natural disasters, providing all kinds of aid to disaster victims as soon as possible, mitigation of the effects of disaster.
· The property litigation which has an important share in the work of Courts will be brought a solution more quickly with the land registry and cadastre information system that will be established.
· Sometimes the assets of natural and legal persons are required to be investigated by the authorities. When needs arise for information on the property, which TAKBIS will have, to be investigated for such reasons as tax audits, anti-money laundering, prevention of ill-gotten gains, qualification research in investment incentives, project planning, investigation is conducted in written form through conventional procedures in units throughout the country and it takes a long time and information becomes old. TAKBIS will make this procedure possible in a very short time, reliable and up to date.
· TAKBIS's reliable structure will also be effective in the preparation of projects for improving efficiency in order to increase agricultural incomes.
· Investigation requests by the competent authorities for the assets held by private and legal persons will be conducted immediately and tax audits, anti-money laundering, prevention of ill-gotten gains, investigation of qualification for investment incentives will be possible to be conducted immediately, thus the country will obtain large gains.
· With this project, the application and data interchange standards both inside and outside the institution will be created and through production standards, elimination of loss of data and labour will enhance the prestige of the country.
· When TAKBİS is widespread throughout the country, local governments and other public institutions will benefit from basic TAKBIS data in their efforts to establish the City Information System, enabling municipalities to establish City Information Systems on the basic information, without duplication of data.
· Building, land, sanitation and environment taxes which represent a significant portion of municipal revenues cannot be collected properly and because leakage cannot be prevented, the State, municipalities and special provincial administrations lose revenues worth millions. When TAKBIS is extended across the country, buildings, land and environmental sanitation taxes can be determined in full and the collection will be possible.
· When TAKBIS is extended throughout the country, it will be possible in primarily central settlements, across Türkiye to determine, in centimetre accuracy, places, shareholders, stock rates, fair values, immediate movements of the real estate (who buys and who sells), an inventory of the treasury lands, forest areas, historical, tourist, archaeological areas, pasture lands.
· When TAKBIS is extended throughout the country, great resources of our country will be spared from being wasted because "Land Registry and Cadastre" information will be provided by the system, which otherwise will be obtained by independent investments of the public institutions and organizations such as National Defence Ministry, General Directorate of Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture, General Directorate of Building Land Office, General Directorate of National Real Estate, General Directorate of Rural Services, General Directorate of State Hydraulic Works, General Directorate of Highways, General Directorate of Agricultural Reform.
· TAKBIS will make possible the correct inventory of treasury lands. Millions of dollars of revenue will be obtained by the sale of the lands at real price and at the right time .
· TAKBIS data is of great importance for the security of the country as well. Some countries is known to have, in accordance with their own government policies, direct and indirect efforts in the direction of real estate acquisition in some areas. Such movements can be seen instantly, through analysis of data generated by sub-units in any case by the upper hierarchy, and information support will be provided to the relevant authorities.
· TAKBIS is one of the most basic public projects together with the Central Population Administration Information System (MERNIS). The inevitable transition to Electronic State (e-state), in accordance with the reality of the Information Age currently we live in, depends on the realization of these two basic projects, and rapid generation of data. With the the realization of extension of TAKBİS across the country, real estate inventory will be visible and manageable in geometry and ownership.
The organizations which are already on-line data sharing are as follows;
- Prime Ministry General Directorate of Social Assistance and Solidarity (SOYBIS)
- Ministry of Justice (UYAP)
- Ministry of Finance;
- Financial Crimes Investigation Board
- Revenue Administration (VEDOP)
- General Directorate of National Property.